Experience the Keil difference
Imagine waking up…and seeing clearly. You deserve to have perfect vision, all day, every day. We make this dream a reality by providing you a no-nonsense path to perfect vision, helped along by our experienced and personable team.
Dr. Keil is one of the highest ranked Lasik surgeons in Michigan, and we offer you the latest technology to match that experience.
Tech + Facility
At Keil Lasik, we operate and maintain the most advanced FDA-approved lasers on the market, each designed to perfectly match your exact vision needs. Our professional yet inviting atmosphere means you can expect the best results possible — getting you back to your daily routine faster.
Meet Michael Keil, D.O.
A resident of Grand Rapids, MI, Dr. Keil is a Board-Certified surgeon by the American Osteopathic Board of Ophthalmology, and is a Fellow of the American Osteopathic College of Ophthalmology. He has been involved in Lasik surgery since 1999 and has performed almost 10,000 surgeries, making him one of Michigan’s most experienced and recognizable Lasik Surgeons.
As Dr. Michael Keil has a strong dedication to teaching, outside of his practice, Keil Lasik Vision Center, he keeps busy as the Ophthalmology Residency Program Director at Metro Health Hospital. At Metro, Dr. Keil is part of a teaching and research group that provides full vision care services and also teaches medical students, interns and residents.
- Chief Ophthalmology Resident: Metro Health Hospital, Grand Rapids, MI
- Residency in Ophthalmology: Metro Health Hospital, Grand Rapids, MI
- Internship: GENESYS Regional Medical Center, Grand Blanc, MI
- Doctor of Osteopathy: Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, East Lansing, MI
- Bachelor of Science-Biology: Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Alcon ALLEGRETTO WAVE® Eye-Q Excimer Laser
- NIDEK NAVEX Quest EC-5000 Excimer Laser System
- Ziemer Femto LDV
- Ziemer Femto LDV Z4
- Bausch & Lomb Technolas 217z Excimer Laser
- Bausch & Lomb Hansatome, AMO Intralase
- VISX Star S4 IR Excimer Laser
- Alcon Ladarwave Excimer Laser
- American Osteopathic Board of Ophthalmology and Otorhinolaryngology
Meet Dr. M.P. Chelsky, Optometrist
Dr. M.P. Chelsky joined Keil Lasik in June of 2015. She previously practiced for twenty years in a specialty ophthalmology practice focusing on corneal disease. Dr. Chelsky achieved the rank of Associate Professor at the Michigan College of Optometry where she taught eye disease for five years and now teaches as an adjunct clinical professor.
- Hospital Based Optometry Residency: Albuquerque VA Medical Center, Albuquerque, NM
- Doctor of Optometry: Michigan College of Optometry, Big Rapids, MI
- Bachelor of Science in Visual Science: Michigan College of Optometry, Big Rapids, MI
- Undergraduate Studies: Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- American Board of Optometry
- American Board of Medical Optometry
Years at Keil: 8
Lead Lasik Associate
Years at Keil: 12
Years at Keil: 3
Marketing Manager + Center Director
Years at Keil: 4