EVO Visian ICL™
Our mission at Keil Lasik Vision Center is to deliver personalized vision correction solutions that are tailored to the distinct requirements, preferences, and way of life of every patient. We take pride in offering a range of state-of-the-art treatments, including the groundbreaking EVO Visian ICL Lens. With this revolutionary technology, patients who are not eligible for procedures such as LASIK due to thin corneas can still achieve remarkable visual improvements.
The EVO Visian ICL is an ultra-thin Implantable Collamer Lens that works seamlessly with the natural structure of the eye. It is a remarkable solution for correcting common vision problems such as myopia and astigmatism, without the need to remove any corneal tissue. This makes it an excellent alternative for individuals who may not be eligible for other corrective procedures like LASIK or PRK due to thin corneas or severe nearsightedness.
The EVO vision ICL is removable, and therefore would not complicate future eye surgery you may pursue, such as Refractive Lens Exchange. The EVO Visian ICL provides valuable UV protection for the eye, giving our patients peace of mind while enjoying their favorite outdoor activities with their newly enhanced vision.
Benefits of ICL
At our practice, we have seen numerous benefits that our patients have derived from the EVO Visian ICL. Here are some of the advantages:
- Achieving clearer, sharper vision, which is one of the primary goals of vision correction.
- Treating nearsightedness (myopia) and astigmatism effectively, resulting in better visual acuity.
- A quick, comfortable procedure that does not require an extended recovery period.
- A 100% biocompatible lens that works seamlessly with the natural eye, without causing any adverse effects.
- Reversibility of the procedure if necessary, which provides added reassurance to our patients.
- Built-in UV protection, which shields the eyes from harmful radiation.
- No permanent alterations to the structure of the eye, ensuring long-term ocular health.
- Appropriate for patients with thin corneas who may not qualify for other corrective surgeries.
- Reduced incidence of dry eye syndrome, which is a common but temporary side effect of other refractive procedures.
- Improved night vision, which is especially crucial for activities like driving and navigating in low-light conditions.
Preparing for ICL
To begin your journey towards clearer vision with the EVO Visian ICL, we recommend scheduling a consultation with one of our skilled eye doctors at Keil Lasik Vision Center. During your appointment, our team will conduct a comprehensive eye exam to determine if the EVO Visian ICL is the right solution for your unique needs and vision goals.
If we determine that you are a good candidate for the procedure, we will provide you with detailed instructions on how to prepare for and recover from the surgery. These instructions will be customized to your individual needs and will help ensure a smooth and successful experience.
Am I a Candidate for ICL?
If you’re considering the EVO Visian ICL for your vision correction needs, we invite you to schedule a consultation with one of our highly skilled doctors. In general, the ideal candidates for this procedure are individuals who:
- Are between the ages of 21 and 45, which ensures that their eyes have fully developed and matured.
- Have been diagnosed with nearsightedness or astigmatism, which are common refractive errors that can be effectively treated with the EVO Visian ICL.
- Have had stable vision for at least a year, meaning their vision prescription has not changed significantly during this time.
- Are motivated to achieve visual freedom and reduce or eliminate their dependence on glasses or contacts.
During your consultation, our team will evaluate your unique needs and vision goals to determine if the EVO Visian ICL is the right solution for you.
The ICL Procedure
The EVO Visian ICL implantation procedure is a quick and straightforward process, typically taking only 20-30 minutes to complete. During the procedure, you will be comfortably reclined in a treatment chair, and your eye doctor will administer anesthetic eye drops to ensure your eyes are numb. If desired, an oral sedative may also be offered to help you relax.
To prevent blinking during the procedure, your eye doctor will use a device to gently hold your eyes open. Once you are comfortable and still, your ophthalmologist will create a small opening in your eye and gently insert the Implantable Collamer Lens into place. They will then ensure that the lens is correctly positioned to provide you with optimal vision correction.
Following the procedure, you will spend a short period recovering at our surgery center to ensure that you are stable and feeling well. Before leaving, you will be given detailed post-operative instructions and will need to arrange for a family member or friend to drive you home.
ICL Recovery & Results
EVO Visian ICL is a quick and comfortable procedure with minimal downtime. Patients often notice a significant improvement in their vision right after the procedure, and can drive, shower, and return to work within 24 hours.
Step 1: Consultation
Meet with our experienced team and see what treatment option is right for you. Consultations last about an hour and a half. Your eyes will be dilated. Bring your sunglasses! Contacts must be removed 3 full days before your appointment.
Step 2: Treatment
Our friendly staff and experienced doctors help you through your treatment and get you seeing more clearly in no time, less than 15 minutes to be exact. Expect to be in the surgical center for 2-3 hours on treatment day. You will need a driver.
Step 3: Enjoy Freedom!
Return to our office for a few follow-up visits and enjoy life without the burden of glasses or contacts. Follow-up schedules vary depending on the procedure type, but in general, you can expect to be seen in-office 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, and 3 months after your treatment.
Step 4. Lifetime Care
All our services come with a lifetime guarantee. In the rare occurrence that you need an adjustment, we provide free vision enhancements for life.*